2012 - Year 4
- Bloom Early Learning & Childcare - Plymouth
- Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery - Minneapolis
- Bethesda Lutheran Communities - Coon Rapids
- Hillcrest Golden Living Center - Wayzata
- River Oaks - Anoka
- New Perspective Senior Living - Minnetonka
- Hope Lodge - Minneapolis
- Park Gardens - Fergus Falls
Project Donations were spent the following ways
- $1890 - Goody Bags & Cards
- $750 - Bloom Early Learning and Childcare Scholarship Fund
- $812 - Crisis Nursery - Donated items from their "Wish List", including: glider rocking chair, children’s tennis shoes, diapers, baby formula, bedroom comforters, art supplies, and administrative supplies.
- $758 - Hope Lodge - Donated items from their "Wish List", including: Snacks for their community kitchen, sheets, towels and toiletries for their guest rooms, and cleaning supplies and paper products.
Additional Cool Stuff
- he Minneapolis Star Tribune (Jeff Strickler) heard about the Carly Valentine project this year and joined us at her school on the day that all of the 1st graders were helping stuff goody bags. He also came with us for the deliveries at Hope Lodge. It was in the paper and they had a funny video piece on their website as well -- check it out!
- There was also a really cool "Letter of the Week" in response to the story!
- A Lord of Life Women's Group donated 300 hand-made notepads to go into the goody bags for the adults I deliver to.
- Bev Mello, also from from Lord of Life Lutheran Church also wrote a very sweet story for their monthly magazine. She came with us for the deliveries at Hope Lodge too so she could get some pictures for her article.